looking for that speical car.

To: "'TRIUMPHS'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for that speical car.
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 12:06:51 -0500
Greetings gentlemen and gentleladies.  I am new to this group, although I hang
out over in the MG group quite a bit and have been active in the Jaguar group
as well.

I am currently finishing a ground-up on a '56 MGA as a surprise birthday
present for my wife and since that will free up some time and money, I have
decided that I deserve a car as well.  I am looking for a good, complete car
that has not been restored, or that is an older restoration or even an amateur
restoration that went bad.  See, I intend to restore the car and half of the
fun of owning the car is knowing what was done to it and being able to take
credit for it.  Therefore, I am not interested in a car that has already been
completed.  I am also not interested in cars that are beyond restoration, that
are incomplete to the point where it is uneconomical to find the parts and
restore the car, or cars that are so overpriced that it is almost funny.

Now, the biggest problem.  See, I have this little <g> problem.  I am a gourmet
cook and love to eat.  I have managed to gain a substantial stature over the
years and currently find myself at 6'2" and about 280#.  Not really fat, but
real big.  I wear a 52 long coat and an 18 x 37", tall, shirt to give you some
idea.  I can't fit in a lot of LBCs, so I need something that is large enough
to accommodate me in some comfort.  I know that an XK120-140-150 will work, and
suspect that a Healy 3000 or Jensen Healy would work.  I know that MGAs and
that a Triumph TR2-3 won't.

If you have, or know of such a beast, please e-mail me with the particulars.  I
am located on the east bank of the Hudson River, about 2 hours north of the tip
of Manhattan (That's New York City for those out of the loop) and would prefer
to find something within a couple of hundred miles of here.

I have subscribed to this group and will probably hang out here for a while, or
until you guys throw me out!

Thanks.