Re: TR6 Engine/Tranmision Overhaul

To: gklein@mail.erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine/Tranmision Overhaul
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 08:44:41 -0500
Sounds like it's time for a new learning experience...

If you have basic mechanical skills and decent tools, including a factory
manual and a couple of pullers, you can do a good job by yourself and know
for sure that all clearances are set right.  There are many Churchill tools
deemed "mandatory" according to the shop manual, but I've done quite a few in
years gone by, and they've all worked great and lasted till I sold the cars.
 Even the dreaded overdrive is really no big deal.  Despite the "mandatory"
requirement for (24?) separate Churchill tools, decent tools including a
large and a medium puller should let you do the job.

Go for it, and good luck !!

-Karl