Re: TR6 seats

To: hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 seats
From: bc620@scn.org (Ernest G. Janzen)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 07:39:22 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello,

>My TR6 seats sem to be a poor fit! I susspect a DPO has swapped the passenger
>seat for the drivers seat. Could someone please confirm this for me by telling
>me which side of the seats the recline/release levers are meant to be (
>transmission tunnel or door side).

The levers should be on the door side (or outside).  If they are on the
tunnel side they are probably next to impossible to activate.  I had a
mechanic put mine in incorrectly once and I really don't know how he did
it, he must have used lots of unnecessary force.  The seats can be put in
the wrong side but it is very difficult.

Ernest Janzen
'74 TR6