Re: Split personality Spitfire poser

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Split personality Spitfire poser
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 22:45:24 -500
Comments: Authenticated sender is <rwg1@postoffice2.mail.cornell.edu>
On 26 Dec 95 at 21:44, S1500@aol.com wrote:

> the body tub has been 'spliced' together.  There is a continuous seam
> welded across the width of the whole car, even through the sills.

I'm not up on Spit construction enough to say, but it is very possible for a
good fabricator to splice 2 together so that you can't tell they were
seperate cars...

> I am about to remove the tub from the frame,

A strong caution here- if the body is weak/rotted, repair it *before* you
remove it from the frame. Do one side at a time even. Otherwise, the body
will almost definitly buckle and twist, and be *very* dificult to get things
straight and lined up again.

      Roger Garnett           (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"