Hesitant TR6

To: woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Subject: Hesitant TR6
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 18:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I noticed that someone else posted on this same problem a while back but
it was midterms and well...  My TR6 has decided that it no longer likes to
be run under load.  I did a compression test today and they were all a
little above a hundred except for number three which only had seventy-five
psi.  I think that I may have a burnt valve on number three but I don't
see why that cause these problems.  After all sorts of argueing and
whatnot I and the various people I discuss car problems with decided that
it was probably an exhaust blockage.  I took it to Midas (I know, I
know...) and their guy seemed to have the same opinion as the stock type
muffler was well smashed.  Now I have a true duel exhaust with glass-packs
(I know, I know...) but still the car sort of turns off under load.
                -Thomas