vacuum pipe (sp?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: vacuum pipe (sp?)
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:27:47 +0000
Firstly, many thanks to Mark for reinstating the list.

Can anybody out there tell me what is the purpose of the vacuum unit on the
distributer and the pipe that goes from it to the carbs?

My B.L. manual suggests, as part of regular maintenance, removing the pipe at
the distributer end, placing a finger over the end (to block it) and check that
the engine speed increases by about five hundred revs... Mine doesn't, why not
and what is happening to my spit. if the vacuum unit is faulty.

Thanks for listening,

Chris.