Dual Exhaust on TR-4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual Exhaust on TR-4
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 18:40:36 -0400
Okay so I got this header from an Old TR-3 race car and wanna put it on my 4.

That isn't the problem.

The thing is that I have a urge to put true dual exhaust on the car.  It is a
4 into 2 into 1 header.

I can very easily leave off the last Y pipe and continue back with two pipes
and two mufflers and have the kind of exhaust system I desire (yeah that
would be cool Beavis).  I always liked the symetrical exhaust pipes coming
out behind the car.

Anyway. . . my question is . . . has anyone else done anything like this?
 Any Idea if two pipes will fit through the cross member.  The header pipes
look to be slighly smaller diameter than the single pipe that is currently
running through the frame crossmember. ( I know I know . . . get out there
and measure it Scott . .)

Furthermore . . . any ideas what the exhaust note will sound like?  One pipe
will be cyls 1 and 4 and the other (obvisously) would be cyls 2 and 3.  Id
hate to go to all that trouble and have it sound like crap.

And finally . . . any comments about the efficiency of the system?

Thanks
Scott Tilton
In Richmond VA