Spit engine

To: rvince00@counsel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit engine
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:22:34 -0400
Ross--

Good to hear from a fellow early Mark owner.

My plans for the motor are to slip it over the side when I get the spare 1500
motor rebuilt.  This will be in the next 2-4 months if plans work out.  The
existing motor is working now.  Loose, but working.  It has 185-200 lbs on
each cyl, but also lots of blowby.  Not surprising for a worn high
compression motor.  I will keep your letter and let you know when I get on
with the project.  If it keeps running well, my motivation might be low.
 Especially if I am short the spare change to rebuild the 1500.

Regarding the mailing list, I liked the real time posting better, but I can
live with digest.  Responding takes al little different routine.

Do you have any spare parts for your car?  I have tons of small stuff.
 Coils, brake drum, odds and ends.   A couple of spare wire wheels.

I need door latches.  Any help?  These rotating handle doors are really rare.
 I guess only the MGA had a similar latch, but it does not really fit right.
 Either way, the ones I have don't work.  One door wont close, the other
won't open.

Brian N.

79 Spitfire
65 Spitfire
59 Sprite
63 Consul Capri
89 Honda Rotary (mower) Hey, its self propelled!