RE: Luggage Racks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Luggage Racks
From: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com (Paul Wiegman)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 04:57:36 -0700
You wrote:

>Many apologies for this very late note of appreciation to all who
responded to my questions about wire wheels and luggage racks for my
TR3A back in late August.

 < snip>
>Allan McClure
>'60 TR3A

I've also continued to look or a luggage rack for my TR3 and discovered
that the original racks which attached to the trunk hindge pins are
very hard to find.  One TR3A person @ the Hartwood show in Pittsburgh
said that he ordered one from England and they told him they were being
made by an individiual, but the order would have to wait until he "got
out". The buyer assumed the poor fellow was sick and in the hospital,
but it turns out he was in jail.  Several months later the rack
arrived.  I'm trying to get more information to see if those original
racks are still being made or the guy is back in jail.

TRF nor Moss have any of the originals left.

One TR3A at the show took a Moss rack that bolts directly through the
lid and added suction cups rather than bolting, then made clips and
straps which wrap around the rack and clip under the trunk lid lip.
Look good, works, and is easily removable without leaving holes in the
trunk lid.  The rack came from TRF.

Paul g. Wiegman
1957 TR3  #14551L