RE: Crap messages

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: RE: Crap messages
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 11:09:33 -0700 (MST)
Since everyone is posting their complaints here:

I responded to the stupid "Good luck" message by forwarding it to
the postmaster at the sender's site, along with a request that
any policy they may have against their resources being used for
nuisance mail be enforced in this case.

The "bob.net" site was phony, by the way, but the sender wasn't
very clever and you can get the real site from the "message-id"
and "X-Sender" portions of the header.  I don't have them now,
I've deleted the message.

But I do recommend this as the correct way to deal with nuisance
mail. Flame the sender if you like, but be sure to send a
dignified complaint to the postmaster.  Under the (increasingly
lax these days) rules, all Internet sites must have a
"Postmaster" box which is read and responded to by someone in
authority. It isn't always true anymore, but we can try.

Dan "the last thing I need here is junk mail" Parslow