Re: Proper '74 TR6 bumper

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proper '74 TR6 bumper
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:23:32 -0600
Chad Jester writes:

 I wrote:
 > >The '74 TR6 actually had a change in the middle of the production
 > >year.  Early '74 TR6 did *NOT* have the bumper overrider.  Only the
 > >late '74 had them.  You VIN# suggests that your car came without.
 > >
 > >    1974            CF12501U to CF25777U
 > >    1974 1/2        CF27001U to CF35000U
 >

 > mileage originals that had not been messed with.  The change that took place
 > with CF27001 was the switch to '75-'76 style front bumper.  ( I have one of
 > these, CF27991UO).

Ah ha!  I stand corrected!  I knew there was a difference in the
bumper at the 1/2 year mark.... I could've sworn it was the overrider.
Well, there you have it.  The best way to get good information is to
put your foot in your mouth.  That way you can listen better!
(Speaking for myself of course! :-)  mmrmfmfmrmffmmfmrmfm.

-Scotty
 '75 TR6 (with overriders)
 '70 TR6 (without)