Re: Spitfire Twin Carburetters Manifold<199510021405.KAA22981@biota.rsvs

To: jcatford@rsvs.ulaval.ca
Subject: Re: Spitfire Twin Carburetters Manifold<199510021405.KAA22981@biota.rsvs.ulaval.ca>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 15:57:03 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Does someone know if there is a manifold to transform a single carb. Spit.
>in a dual carb. form. I know there is a MG midget wich have  two carbs.
>Will that manifold fit on a 1500 Spit?
>Thank you
>J.G.Catford
>Quebec
>Canada

Yes, get a manifold and 1.5 inch SU's off a UK spec 1500 Spitfire or Dolomite,
that would be a bolt on fitment.  You may have to import one from over here
though.
I think that some UK triumph breakers sell the complete set up for about 30-40
pounds second hand, although I'm not sure if they do mail order,  I can find
out if you want.

Late, rubber bumper Midgets are fitted with a Spitfire 1500 engine,
although I don't know whether Canadian Spec ones had twin Carbs.

Rich