TR6 - WW/disc wheel hub differences.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - WW/disc wheel hub differences.
From: "Peter Barrance" <trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:45:40 -0400
Sorry to hog the bandwidth with many messages recently. I'll be brief.

Recently, I bought a whole load of used stock TR6 disc rims and tires with the
idea of putting together a good set as an alternative for the wires. The
rationale was really to avoid hassles with truing and balancing jobs which I've
heard are costly and sometimes short-lived in effectiveness. Also I wanted to
try some alternative tires to the red-line Michelins.

It was my belief that one could just unbolt the WW extensions, fit longer
studs, and put on the standard rims. Silly me didn't look at his TRF catalogue
closely enough - seems the hubs are different.

I guess the first step is to draw on net wisdom to double check that I really
can't use these rims w/o more trouble than it's worth. I didn't want a
permanent conversion - just something that I could swap back and forth. Could
someone tell me what the differences between the WW and disc hubs are? They
look similar in the catalogs....

Thanks.

Pete.