Re: Thanks and Need 74 Spit side marker lights.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Tim Hoffman" <thoffman@onramp.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks and Need 74 Spit side marker lights.
From: Richard_Jackson@FTDETRCK-CCMAIL.ARMY.MIL
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 08:49:54 EST
     For my 72 Spit I just tore down the units, drilled them out and fitted
     them with nylon bolts and off the shelf press in blub fixtures with no
     problems.  Concourse be damned!  If it said lucas on it, it's got no
     business being on a car.  For those of you that enjoy spending lotsa
     bucks to have an unreliable car, I can appreciate the challenge
     involved, but I suggest professional help.  Now that I've vented, how
     about some useful info.?  There was some discussion about these parts
     being unavailable in the last few weeks.  The problem appears to be in
     getting the new rubber frames.  'The Eastwood Company' in Malvern, PA,
     USA, phone 1-800-345-1178 list liquid rubber for casting new from old
     pieces.  They also list a book on 'How to cast small metal and rubber
     parts'.  stock numbers and prices as follows:

     1530  Hard Liquid Rubber, 1 lb       $29.95
     1580  Medium Liquid Rubber, 1 lb      $29.95
     1580A Flex Additive                  $9.95
     1581  Flexane Primer, FL-10        $9.95
     1582  Flexane Primer, FL-20 (use over 1581 for a stronger bond to
     metal) $9.95

     6608 'How to cast small metal and rubber parts'    $14.95

     I've never tried any of this, but maybe some brave soul out there will
     and let us all know if it works.

     Richard Jackson (USA version)
     72 Spitfire MK IV 'built for speed!?'
     "Never stand too close to a three year old when he says SPITfire!"