Re: dashboard rheostat etc...(gauge seals)

To: mood@cortex.rad.unc.edu
Subject: Re: dashboard rheostat etc...(gauge seals)
From: JMardy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 15:11:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Also, the smiths gauges originally had a black gasket behind
>them which now corroded - any sources for these?

If you are referring to the gasket between the gauge and the dash, I used a
standard O-ring that you can get from a plumbing or hardware store and it
worked fine.  If you're referring to the  seal between the glass and the
gauge, I couldn't find anything and used a thin bead of clear silicone.

John Mardesich
'68 TR250, Marin County, CA