KC British Car Show

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: KC British Car Show
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 13:22:40 -0500
I sent a note to the british-cars list about the KC show on Labor Day
weekend and got 0 responses, so I figure no one from the list is going.

There's an air show here near St. Louis that weekend, and it's a special
tribute to the end of WWII, and I'm getting REAL tempted to go to that.
Every evening as I drive home in my Spitfire, I look up and there's a
gorgeous B17 flying overhead. I assume they're doing practice runs or
something for the show. Nothing is quite a exciting as a B17 rumbling
overhead, those 4 engines pounding. They've got a lot of other vintage
WWII planes, too.

I'm thinking of doing the air show on Saturday, then trying to get to KC
for the Sunday car show. I'm not sure which one I'm taking yet.

If anyone ends up going there, I'll be wearing a tweed cap and trying to
look like Sebastion Cabot!

Hmmmm, I guess you could say I was escorting that B17 in my Spitfire!

Larry