Fan Belt / Alternator Pulley

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fan Belt / Alternator Pulley
From: Robert Quiggle <rquiggle@oak.lhup.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 08:14:32 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce

    The belt should slid through.  A bit of silicon spray or even some
dish detergent might make the job easier.  My did and it's been on for
two years with no problems.

    You can remove the pulley nut with a 1/2" drive air impact tool and the
proper size impact socket.  When you use this method you should be able
to hold the pulley with your hand and a grease rag.  I'm sure that your
regular repair shop would do it for a couple bucks if you don't have a
tool and a compressor.

                                  Bob