electrical problems ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical problems ??
From: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@cortex.rad.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 12:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
I am learning.  After I dropped the diff, replaced the u joints,
suspension arm bushes and put new cylanders and shoes in my rear end,
I rrealized that the frame was indeed cracked on the upper front right diff
mount (along with some rust on the chassis near the inner trailing arm
mount :()!!).  I had the car towed to my mechanic's shop so they could do the
welding and since they already had the diff, I figured it I'd have them
reinstall it and do the rear end alignment plus do the brake bleeding I
was having problems with.  EXPENSIVE mistake! Live and
learn I suppose....   Anyway, on the joyous ride home my car cut off a few
times .. then in some instances started right up and in others I had to
turn the key.  You all can probably tell I'm somewhat of a novice but I
was thinking this is probably some sort of electrical problem.  Any
suggestions as to how I can ferret out what is causing this?  Thanks again
for all the great suggestions so far.

Jon Moody '73 TR6