Bay area sol'ers only - almost free trailer use, garage space

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bay area sol'ers only - almost free trailer use, garage space
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 1995 23:44:17 -0400
        I have a flat bed trailer that I use to pull cars around.
It is a tandem axle type, and does a very nice job as a car hauler.
 Actually, it does a nice job of hauling almost anything, since it is
rated for 7500 pounds.    At present, it has made two trips across the
country.  I'd like to keep it when I move to San Francisco, but I
doubt I'll be able to find a place to keep it in the city.  So I was
wondering if someone who had storage space would be willing
work out a trade where I keep it licensed and we both use it.  I
don't mind having to drive a bit to store it.  Any suggestions or
takers?  As an added incentive, I'll say that I have been looking
to upgrade to an enclosed aluminum trailer if I can find one for a
good price.

        On a related note, I am also looking for garage space.
I'm going to be renting an apartment and the outlook of finding
one with a good garage is bleak.  If someone is in a similar situation
and has been contemplating renting space, perhaps pooling our
resources would make it more feasible. I have some nice tools
which I'd be willing to share like an engine hoist, welder,
compressor, bead blasting cabinet etc.  Alternatively, if we could
get a few people together, I'd be willing to manage some sort of
restoration club which would rent and run a cooperative garage
for its members.  Sound interesting?

        P.S.  I'll probably post this to british-cars in a few days.

William Woodruff                woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI