Re: Brake Bleeding / PDWA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding / PDWA
From: sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu (Brian Borgstede)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:38:33 -0600
>Does the PDWA in the TR6 braking system actually shut off one of the
>halves of the brake system? Or does it just warn the driver that there is
>a pressure difference between them?

Having done extensive work on rebuilding PDWAs, I have found they
just warn the driver. (If even that)

I was having trouble with my front brakes, and thought the PDWA was
to blame. After investigation, I found the trouble downstream.

There are two different pistons in these critters.
one type takes O-rings as seals.
the other takes a rubber cup type seal like in a brake cylander.

Brian Borgstede                 Voice: (314) 516-6180
AV Tech.  117A Lucas Hall       Fax:   (314) 516-5294
University of Missouri          sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu
      St. Louis