Re: Heral Indicators

To: Richard Endersby <Richard@riggins.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Heral Indicators
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 10:13:40 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 20 Jul 1995, Richard Endersby wrote:

> The case on his indicator flasher unit on his 13/60 Herald appears to be live
> (ie it has +12V on it).  When it was accedentaly earthed the other day it
>caused
> some damage to the wiring loom, which is *not* good.  In any event the
> indicators aren't working properly anyway.
>
> Can anyone tell us, should the flasher case be live?  How should it be
>mounted?
>  To the bulkhead?

Every Lucas flasher unit I've ever seen on a Herald (or other Triumph)
mounts directly to the bulkhead or other metal panel. Sounds to me as if
the wiring was incorrect to the flasher. Unfortunately, I don't have a
wiring diagram with me at the moment for the 13/60, so I can't tell you
what it should be. I can look it up tonight if you like.

> Also does anyone have any suggestions or references as to the best way of
>adding
> a fusebox to the Herald?

For what purpose? Granted, some folks seem to think that most LBC's are
"underfused," but there really isn't all that much to protect on a
Herald. Unless, of course, driving lamps, killer stereo systems and the
like have been added, at which point I'd assume the installer would have
used inline fuses or relays as appropriate.

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register
amace@unix2.nysed.gov