Re: British tele humor (no lbc content)<2FFC5582@hubsmp9.pcmail.ingr.com

To: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>
Subject: Re: British tele humor (no lbc content)<2FFC5582@hubsmp9.pcmail.ingr.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 1995 09:11:44 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Sorry for the lack of lbc content.  Hit delete if you're easily offended or
>dislike chatter.

>This was passed to me through many hands and have no idea of the source.
> Perhaps our British members can comment on the veracity...

>Here's a story that my friend swears he saw on a British TV interview.

>It seems that a Pole who had participated in the Battle of Britain
>was being interviewed about his exploits, but his command of the English
>language wouldn't quite get him a job at the BBC.  Anyway, he
>was explaining his story, and the conversation went something like this:

>Flyer: We were flying a tight formation when all of a sudden these
>German fokkers were everywhere. They had come at us from high out of
>the sun, and the fokkers were everywhere!

>Interviewer: I should let the viewers know at this point that a Fokker
>was a type of German fighter plane.

>Flyer: That may be, but these fokkers were Messerschmitts!

I to have been told this story by a friend who saw it on a daytime chat show,
can't think what the show was called though.  So it would appear to be true :-)

Just a thought, but do we have ANY other SOLer's in the Northamptonshire or
Leicestershire area of England. Surely I can't be the only one :-(

Rich
Northampton
England.