Re: 61 TR3A

To: G A Oliver <gaoliver@joplin.att.com>
Subject: Re: 61 TR3A
From: Bill Sohl Budd Lake <billsohl@planet.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 00:51:41 -400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On 2 Jun 1995, G A Oliver wrote:

> Is this a basket case to avoid (my original reaction after seeing the car) or
> a project car to restore (the position I was moving toward until I read the
>
> TeriAnn Wakeman seems to be the most positively disposed toward the car in
>its
> current condition (her response may even help bring my wife around).
>
> Is there a consensus out there?  Who's right TeriAnn or mg?
>
> I'm looking for guidance.  My plan (such as it is) would be (1) to acquire
>the
> car at little or no cost, assuming the frame is OK and the body sag is due to
> the inner sills being rusted out,

The body of a TR-3 sits very squarly on the frame.  For the body to
sag any apprecaible amount, be very careful of the integrety of the
frame.

 (2) find a place to store it for a year
> [again, hopefully, at little or no cost, I'm not talking about great storage,
> just something that will keep it out of the weather - think old barn] save it
> from obilvion now and

Be very careful of barns...especially if it has a dirt floor.

> (3) start work/stabilize it somewhere down the road.

I've seen some of these "storage" bags in Hemmings and other
publications.  Such a "bag" may be the best immediate method
to stop any further rusting.

> Andy Mace, I'd be interested in your view.

How about Bill Sohl?

Cheers :-)
Bill Sohl  K2UNK     (Budd lake, New Jersey)      (billsohl@planet.net)