Re: More on the maybe TR7

To: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Subject: Re: More on the maybe TR7
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Wed, 24 May 95 08:31:00 CDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>1. The car shimmys horribley coming to a stop.  The owner sez that it is
>wanting an alignment.  The symptoms seem to point more towards front
>rotors needing turning or replacing but I don't know what all causes
>shimmy.
>2. The AC compressor is bad.  Owner claims it has a stuck valve which can
>be repaired and that the compresseor is the same one as Ford used at that
>time.

Can't resist once more into the frey. A shimmy only on braking is warped
rotors, not a huge job to replace (unless bolts are rusty) but check prices
on new rotors and pads. They're so thin they often cannot be turned.

Call a local shop about aircon repair. I expect it's gotten a lot more
expensive now that Freon is illegal. Owner hasn't said anything to
demonstrate credibility.

BTW, I assume you caught the reference to a Wedge mailing list in todays
brit-car digest: