Maybe not new TR7

To: zimerman@mit.edu
Subject: Maybe not new TR7
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 17:29:27 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Well, all I have gotten here so far was relatively good stuff about the
'77 TR7 but elsewhere....
In the archives it states that this is a bad year and bad transmission for
the car and that it is prone to overheating and thus warping the head.
Today when I went to buy snaps for the TR6 I talked to my friendly
neighborhood parts man and he advised me greatly against buying such a car
especially since it was to belong to my little sister.  He said he'd love
it if we did though as it will have plenty of engine and transmission
trouble and cost a hell of a lot more than it is worth to keep on the
road.  Well?  Is there anybody who can talk me back into letting my sister
buy this car?
                -tak