Re: End Float

To: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Subject: Re: End Float
From: pwatson@ix.netcom.com (Pete Watson)
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 09:56:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net.You.mentioned.using.synthetic.gear.oil.in.the.Spitfire.gearboxes
and then later about using GL4 spec if it is an overdrive gearbox.  Do
you have any actual experience using synthetic gear oil in the Triumph
gearboxes with the Laycock DeNormanville overdrives?  I once asked one
of the manufacturers, but they wouldn't make a recommendation because
they'd never tested it.
     I have a '65 Spit MkII in my garage awaiting restoration (needs
sills and floors first, then a total going over, as it's been sitting
for over ten years.  Didn't want to rush into it!).  I drove one for
over ten years, which had the OD, and really liked it, but had to
rebuild the tranny every 40 or 50k.  Got real good at it, too ;^}