Re: Need longer wheel studs for my TR4A

Subject: Re: Need longer wheel studs for my TR4A
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 11:26:27 -0700 "Need longer wheel studs for my TR4A" (May 17, 10:37am)
I know that the TR6 rear wheel studs are longer than the fronts; chances are
that those are all the same part number (I don't have documents at work to
check) for the TR4A. Depending on how much extra length you need, these might
do the trick (they're probably 3/8 longer - that's from rough memory).

All studs are *not* the same base circle. Finding studs to fit a Triumph is
difficult these days. The item that can be easily found is a metric threaded
stud - this means all new lug nuts, too. The monster list has a number of
suppliers that may be able to help you. If nothing else, ARP can custom roll
you some.

You might also consider adjusting the steering lock stop, if you're willing to
give up a little turning radius/maneuverability, and do away with the spacers.