Getting my hood open/ another question

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting my hood open/ another question
From: "Ronald Grant" <GRANTR@skynet3.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 11:51:08 PST8PDT
Hey out there!

I got my hood opened last Friday night. I want to thank everybody
who sent me ideas on how to get my hood opened. I took Ian Clough's
suggestion and gently pried-up the hood on the driver's side (not the
passenger's side) about an inch and a half, being careful not to warp
the hood. With the help of a flash light, I located the hood latch.
Then I slide a four and half foot long by to two inch wide flat metal rod
under the opening and up against the release catch of the hood latch.
I gave the flat rod a good push and it moved the catch and the hood
popped open. Took me about 15 minutes, I was lucky.

Now the hard work begins, I have to remove the engine, and I have another
question.  The heading and instructions in my shop manual, are for
removing the engine and the gearbox assembly.  I only what to remove
the engine, not the gearbox and tranny.

Does one have to remove both units to remove the engine? Is the
manual trying to tell me that it is easier if I remove the engine and
gearbox assembly if I want to replace just the engine?  I hope this is not
too dump of a question.

Ronald

1971 TR6