Re: Getting my hood open.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting my hood open.
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 95 14:08:45 EDT
>This happened to me twice and I vowed "NEVER AGAIN" so I moved the hood cable
>handle end to the glove box, thus reducing the cable length and number of
>twists and bends in the cable.

        The other option is to work through the holes in the firewall for the
heater.  Major pain.

        Another trick recommended by TRF: _before_ you have problems, attach
a wire to the lever, and route it so you can pull it from below to open the
latch.  It helps to put a loop in the end to pull on.  Then put the loop
somewhere you can reach it from under the car - there's a convenient hole in
the TR6 bodywork to stuff it through.
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D
Randell.Jesup@scala.com