Re: TR-6 conversion

To: wcianci@mail.valverde.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 conversion
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 21:36:33 -0400
The obvious question is WHY? The TR6 motor, properly tuned and cared for, is
a nice piece of work. Cam and carb work fix the power situation nicely, after
all the British version, with the same basic cam and ignition but with
injection, got 40HP more out of the beast. Further, in most states now, a car
the vintage of your 6 Must have it's original type motor or it will flunk
smog...unless the motor in it is newer and cleaner than the original.If your
state isn't there yet, it will be soon.
This in itself should stop the discussion. If it doesn't, ... The 240-280Z
motor is a very nice package and, although I have no personal experience, it
can most likely be made to fit. You can get a nice Nisson 5 speed with it and
have a grand time. Otherwise I know for a fact that a small-block Ford will
fit with a little prying....but keeping the rest of the drivetrain intact
could be interesting...
(always did like to drive things that were "interesting"...)
Good Luck and keep the shiny side up!