RE: TR-6 conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-6 conversion
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 11:53:32 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
William Cianco <wcianci@mail.valverde.edu> writes:

> am thinking about  converting the engine of my tr-6 to an american or
> japanese engine.

Before I reply, some ObApprobrium:

EEEEEVIL!!!  EEEEEEEEEEVIL!! (picture of hoary old bearded puritan pointing
a trembling bony finger at malefactor)  I've got the tar, who's going
to bring the feathers?

ObResaleValueWarning:

You will kill the car's resale value with this act.

Okay, now to business:

Consider the engine from a 1970s-era Datsun 280-Z.  It's an inline
six of virtually the same dimensions, and was in fact something of
a higher-displacement version  of the GT6 engine, which is a good
working description of what a TR6 engine is.

No, I've never done it, but if you're gonna this seems like a very
good candidate.

dan parslow
djp@alpha.sunquest.com

  "If you're going to do this damned silly thing, don't do it in this
  damned silly way."
              -- Sir Humphrey Appleby in "Yes Minister"