TR6 Exhaust Inside Car

To: triumph@vmas.on.bell.ca
Subject: TR6 Exhaust Inside Car
From: Ian Clough <ian@on.bell.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 95 13:18:59 EDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my '74 TR6:  when driving with the top up and
the windows closed, there's a strong smell of exhaust. I know, I know,
"what a whiner!" But please refrain from suggesting that I only drive
with the windows and top down.

My question is:  Is this the result of a _common_ problem which I can
tackle first?  I have already visually inspected the exhaust manifold
and found no leak, but I haven't yet jacked-up the car to inspect the
pipes (however it doesn't seem probable that exhaust can make its way
into the car from the pipes under the car while driving at 100Kph, but
it's still a possibility).

All thoughts on this are most welcome, please do not reply to the email
address in the header, instead use:

        iclough@on.bell.ca

Thanks in advance!

Ian Clough