Re: Annoying Squeak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Annoying Squeak
From: "Scott R. Cypher" <scypher@msl.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 95 00:44:00 PST
Encoding: 19 TEXT
I'm assuming the squeak is when you turn the wheel, not just a vibration when
you drive (which my Spit does and I've now learned to tune it out.  drives
passenger's batty though.  Haven't found a way to make it go away with out
making the whole car go away.)

If its not the hub, look to the overdrive switch you just put it in,
something may now be protruding onto the shaft, or some other thing shifted
to now rub...I'll wager its the hub...Did you remove the column/Wheel or do
anything to the column other than install the switch?
REPLY FROM: Scott R. Cypher