[Thicko] VSCDA Club Manager proposal Part 1

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Thicko] VSCDA Club Manager proposal Part 1
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:21:50 -0600
To my Team Thicko brethren,

If you like this idea, let VSCDA board members know TODAY as they have a
conference call tonight.

Thanks.

WST
See below
[comment...]
Jim,

I am disturbed to learn of the various dramas taking place within the VSCDA,
and I believe the the brand has been damaged due to the high visibility of
all of this. I believe the board of directors needs respond quickly, and
decisively to minimize further damage.

I propose the establishment of a club manager position (title to be
determined). I am interested in defining this role, and offering my services
to the club to fulfill it.

In this role, the daily business of the club would be managed from one
office. The position would encompass oversight or direct management of
membership, registration, promotion, marketing and advertising.  All daily
club office communication  and membership interaction would be centered from
this office, and effectively disseminated in a timely manner  to officers,
board members, and group reps when appropriate.

It is my opinion that the club has tried to embrace modern communication
methods, but has fallen short in a number of areas that impact the members
experience, and /or in terms of providing more information in a timely
manner while saving the club money. I envision a website with interactive
functionality linking to Youtube video, etc. While I appreciate the
opportunity to download various documents as PDFs, that should not take the
place of standard HTML pages. As it stands currently, it is an impediment to
the readers experience.

I believe that the website , newsletter, and our events could benefit from
increased sponsorships and partnerships. No doubt the harsh economic times
have negatively impacted our efforts, but by properly positioning our
events, targeting our marketing, and indentifying our demographics would go
a long way in providing a more attractive package to sell advertisers.

I have nearly 25 years of experience in regalia, (silk screen, embroidered,
pad printed, and vinyl graphic products). In addition to successfully
promoting my Team Thicko race team with regalia items, I also have overseen
the wearables program for a number of corporations, as well as with regional
and national car clubs.

The club managers position would work alongside each event chairman to
maximize profitability of each event, including negotiation with tracks,
promotion, events, special guests, featured marques, etc. It is vital that
the event chairs and office work in tandem in sync. We face rising costs,
and an aging membership. Steps must be taken to attract vintage racers from
all over North America, as well as attract new membership. In addition, the
clubs drivers school needs to be run profitably, and is in itself, a sales
tool in attracting new participants.

Most importantly, all membership communication with the club must be handled
in a professional, friendly manner. Often, until race day, it is the single
point of contact with the club. The VSCDA needs to be user friendly. I
believe the interaction with the office would benefit from having a car
guy in place someone that can speak the same language as racers when
necessary.

I am quite comfortable in a high visibility role.

I am located 54 miles from Road America, 122 miles from Blackhawk Farms, 200
miles from Autobahn. Both Grattan and Gingerman are easily accessible from
WI via the Lake Michigan ferries.

I envision this as a contracted full time, paid position.  I have a shop and
office suitable for the clubs needs, with high speed internet capability,
and substantial storage for all the clubs regalia and office gear.