Re: [Thicko] 948 question

To: "Team Thicko" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Thicko] 948 question
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:03:02 -0800
I was hoping hours not minutes.
Bank account is healthy but not unlimited.

I was looking at the rule book for SCTA (light winter reading) and I see
that one of the classes is Production cars with engines 62 to 92 CID (948=
57.7 CID) so an early sprite could run in that class with that engine.  The
current record is 123.224 MPH.   A very earlier BMW 220 could run there also
but they are really hard to find.

I am trying to gauge my chances of getting a 948 sprite past 124 MPH.  Or
maybe another platform.

The next engine class is 62 cid to 92 cid (1016 cc to 1507).  The record for
that class is 131 MPH.

-g