Re: [Thicko] [Spridgets] ELVF this weekend

To: DThompson@gbc.ca, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Thicko] [Spridgets] ELVF this weekend
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:52:14 EDT
> I hate to say it, but is that now the trifecta of vintage race
> fatalities in 2008?
>
> Daniel Thompson

Mosport, Grattan, Road America.....I am unaware of another year like this
since I started vintage racing in 1991.

I was at Moroso for one fatality and again at Summit Point.  One was a
contact with a light pole in the infield, and another was an apparent heart
attack
at speed.

It may reflect the enormous growth in popularity of vintage racing.

The EAA convention typically has at least one fatality related to the event,
just on shear numbers. The reality MAY be that Vintage Racing is still safer
than spending a day in a large city.

Just a thought.   </HTML>