[Thicko] 948 Looking for a Happy Home

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Thicko] 948 Looking for a Happy Home
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:30:06 -0500
You KNOW you need another 948 engine cluttering up your life! This is your
lucky day. I just happen to know of a guy with a 948 who is quite tired of
tripping over it. It is from a 1959 Bugeye. It was replaced with a 1275 four
or five years ago because the owner thought that the engine had
self-destructed. Upon investigation, it turned out that one of the valve
adjusters had walked its way clear out of the rocker arm, but any excuse
will do to install a 1275 ;-) So, this 948 had been living the life of DMH
(I couldn't very well say "Riley", could I?) in the corner of the garage and
it is time to get it out of there. Free to good home!
David Lieb