Re: Bug-eye hood on a Square body Spridget..

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Bug-eye hood on a Square body Spridget..
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:21:05 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:18 PM
Subject: Bug-eye hood on a Square body Spridget..

Some time ago, I remember reading an email asking if anybody had done
this...
Either I missed the reply or there wasn't one..
Can any one oblige with some info???
Fibreglass or ABS copy would be OK...

Dave G.

==================

Along these lines, I have 2 fiberglass Bugeye bonnets for sale.  One is a
Spridgetech with slight flares that has seen quite a bit of bodywork to get
it as straight as an arrow.  It is already set up for forward tilt.  It is
ex-Ron Soave and ex-Jeff Porasik from their racecars.  A very, very nice
piece.

The other is a handlaid model like Speedwell sells --
http://www.speedwellengineering.com/glasspage.html.  Lighter and stronger
than chopper gun bonnets -- you can pick this thing up with one finger.
Ever pick up a steel bonnet?  It is brand new, never even painted.  It has
an incorporated front airdam.  Very tuff looking.

I have decided to go with a stock looking fiberglass bonnet on my Bugeye.

I am open to serious offers on both with a possible trade for an excellent
non-flared glass bonnet a definite possibility.  I would rather see these go
to listers than eBay them.

For the truly maniacal fiberglass fan, I also have a fiberglass rear clip
with separate flares ready to be attached.  Brand new.  Again, a change in
plans to go with a stock look.

If you would like a really snotty-looking, very lightweight Bugeye, these
pieces will get you there.  They are in Oshkosh, WI -- about 80 miles north
of Milwaukee.

Larry Daniels

ladaniels@sbcglobal.net