WI Tourism Advice

To: "Thicko Digest" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: WI Tourism Advice
From: "Jim Hendrickson" <enjinear@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:37:09 -0600
Something to remember when traveling to Road America.

HOW TO SAVE YOUR ASS IF YOU PLAN TO VISIT WISCONSIN THIS SUMMER
ISSUED BY THE WISCONSIN BUREAU OF TOURISM TO ALL VISITORS:

1) Don't order Filet Mignon or Pasta Primavera at Al's Lodge. It's a
diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they
know. If you upset the ladies in the kitchen, they'll kick your ass.

2) Don't laugh at the names of our little towns (Sheboygan, Menomonee,
Nekoosa, Prairie du Chien, etc.) or we will just have to kick your ass.

3) Don't order a bottle or a can of pop here. Here it's called "soda."
Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.

4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you are. We
are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as
a bunch of hicks or we'll kick your ass.

5) We have plenty of business sense. You have to to make a living here.
Naturally, we do sometimes have small lapses in judgment from time to
time, but we are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state in
order to run for the Senate and let her win. If someone tried to do
that, we would kick her ass.

6) Don't laugh at our giant fiberglass fish and cows. Anything that
inspires tourists to buy 50,000 postcards can't be bad. And don't laugh
at our love and pride of cheese or we'll kick your ass.

7) We are fully aware of how cold it gets here in the winter, so shut
up. Just spend your money and get the hell out of here or we'll kick
your ass.

8) Don't order the vegetarian special at the local diner. Everyone will
instantly know that you're a tourist. Eat your steak rare like God
intended and have some potatoes with that, for heaven's sake! Also,
don't ask what a hot dish is or we'll kick your ass.

9) Don't try to fake a Wisconsin accent. We don't have an accent. That
will incite a riot and you will get your ass kicked.

10) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know
better. Many of us have visited big-city hell-holes like Detroit, New
York and Chicago, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like
it here, interstate 90, 94 and 43 are ready when you are. Move your ass
on home before it gets kicked.

11) Don't complain that Wisconsin has too many mosquitoes and farmland.
If you whine about OUR scenic beauty we'll kick your ass all the way
back to Chicago.

12) Don't ridicule our manners. We only speak when spoken to. We hold
doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks because such
things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our
sweet, little gray-haired grandmothers or they will kick some manners
into your ass just like they did ours.

13) So you think we're quaint or losers because most of us live on the
farm or in the woods? That's because we have enough sense to not live in
filthy, smelly, crime-infested cesspools like New York or LA. Make fun
of our fresh air and we'll kick your ass.

14) Oshkosh B'gosh is NOT a joke. Your ass will be kicked.

15) The Green Bay Packers are not a joke. God created the greatest
football dynasty ever and placed it in Green Bay. Any jokes about the
Packers or Vince Lombardi will result in a severe and unrelenting ass
kicking.

16) If you are from Atlanta, for your own safety, say you are from
somewhere else, lest you get your ass kicked. (Take three sports
franchises from Milwaukee and we have a tendency to hold a grudge.)

17) If you are looking for a water fountain, you'll need to go to a
park. Water comes out of bubblers here. Make a joke about it, and you
guessed it, another ass kicking.

18) Sausage Races are cool. Make fun of it, and one of the Sausages will
come up from the field of Miller Park and lay down a 8 foot sausage ass
kicking on you.

19) The University of Wisconsin is the oldest, best school in the Big
Ten. Any jokes about the quality of UW will result in Barry Alvarez, Ron
Dayne, Dick Bennett, Bo Ryan, Crazylegs Hirsch, Alan Ameche, Pat
Richter, and any able bodied UW students assisting Bucky Badger in his
class, Ass-Kicking 101.

20) Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come out here and tell us that
hunting is cruelty to animals and venison is not edible meat. This will
get your ass shot (after it is kicked). Say this twice and you will go
home in a pine box. Minus your ass.

Now enjoy your visit and then get your ass out of our state!!!