Re: ch-ch -ch ch-changes..

To: KansaR@diebold.com
Subject: Re: ch-ch -ch ch-changes..
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:26:05 -0500
Me! Me! I'm going!  Takin' the Midget racer, too.

I've never been before, so all I know is what I get in the propaganda:

Largest vintage race in the country with around 600 cars.

It is hosted and run by RA and only sanctioned by VSCDA.  RA uses the
VSCDA rules and (I think) Techs, but the rest is pretty much RA.  The
race groups are RA determined.  Although they pretty much follow VSCDA
rules there are some differences.  For example, VSCDA would have me in
Group 2D this year, whereas RA has me in 8, which is the old VSCDA rule.

There are no hotel rooms left anywhere closer than Fond du Lac and maybe
Sheyboygan.  I was quoted $145 per night at a Super 8 in Sheyboygan.
Apparently the two largest events at the track during the year are a CART
race and the BRIC.  Both entail room premiums at most hotels.

All the info you need, including entry forms, can be found at RA's
website.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has done this event as
to what to expect...

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar