holiday spirit(s)

To: Thickos <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: holiday spirit(s)
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:52:22 -0600
Hey Y'all,

I picked up daughter #2 Emily (12) and went to get a Christmas tree.
Since my kids don't wake up in my house anymore on Xmas, I find the
whole season to be a bit of a downer...but... none the less, decided to
pop for  a tree this year.

We're at a stoplight, in the Team Thicko Urban Assault Vehicle 3/4 ton
Dodge Club Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel... the light turns green, and we
begin to pull away when "WHAM!!!" Someone hits us from behind... hard
enough to snap my neck back. Luckily we were moving forward, or it would
have been much worse. I check... Emily's OK, so I walk back to the car
that hit me to see if they're OK. The woman behind the wheel says "she's
fine... our car's are fine". Well.. uhh.. no, mines fine, but hers (a
new black Camaro) is all fucked up. I notice at this point her eyes are
crossed and she smells like a bar rag. "Have you ben drinking, Ma'am?" I
ask? "No" she says. At this point, while trying to get out of her car,
she can't find the brake pedal and drives another 15' smacking into my
truck again. I reach in and turn her carr off, as she's makin' noise
about leaving. The cops show up, and at first, she refuses to blow the
field sobriety breathalizer test. When she finally does, she pops a 2.3.
(At the station, she popped a 2.6... almost 3 times the legal limit).

The truck looks undamaged... but I'll get it washed and inspected, as
there's a lot of ice and snow and salt around here these days. My neck's
a little sore already... so I expect it to be in the AM.

So, the moral to the story boys and girls, is keep your drunk ass off
the road.

Flounder

Wishing you all the best for the holidays.