Re: Air compressor

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Air compressor
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:10:03 -0600
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Well, my Sears compressor died a little while back. The relay/regulator
> fried and died. I called Sears today to see about a replacement part and
> they say that part is no longer available for my model. I think this is a
> DeVilbiss unit because there is a metal part number tag on the tank with
> their name on it. Anybody know if there is another source where I might
> succeed in getting a part, or am I SOL?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gerard
>
> --
> Please visit Four Points Travel -
> Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.
> http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints
> To make a reservation please call Toll Free 1-800-272-3253
>
> G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
>  E A
>   R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>    A A
>     R G          Pixelsmith  on  Duty
>      D E
>       S      http://www.gerardsgarage.com

When this happened to me, also with an old Sears unit, I found a business
listed in the yellow pages that sold and serviced compressors. Even though my
compressor had whiskers on it, they had a part that 'almost' fit and I was
able to replace it. Good luck.

--

uncle jack

Like I said, "Life isn't long enough for me to do another ground-up
restoration". Well, thank goodness, it is.