Re: Lotus Eleven on Speedvision

To: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: Lotus Eleven on Speedvision
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:55:30 +0000
Gary Speckman wrote:

> Did you see last weeks Escape Road on Autoweek on Speedvision?  It
>featured...of all things... the lowly Bugeye!

Yes, like most Escape Roads segments it was filmed locally by Lingner
Group.  One of our Triumph/Austin Healey guys, Brent Porter, recommended
the car.

> I'll be at IRP for the VSCDA finale, hope to see you there.

I'll be there with both cars.  Bring your snow shovel!

> PS  Any chance of getting the VSCDA race cars over to Indy for a couple laps
>around the F1 circuit?

Just got back from our track tour this afternoon.  Turn one (F-1) had
already been blocked by very heavy concrete barriers, so I couldn't pass
the pace car like Schuey passed Coulthard.  As far as I know, we were
the only group who "did" the F-1 circuit.  I was suitably impressed,
though the Lotus had a bit of difficulty with the really tight turns.
Hot laps?  Maybe some day; your VSCDA Indy connections certainly think
this is appropriate.  Anybody really close with Tony George or Bernie?

Brett