Re: A-Series oil filters

To: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A-Series oil filters
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 08:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Greg,
My 948 and 1275 both are running Fram PH3614.  Low
profile, and $2.67 at Wal Mart.  A friend on this list
was a little doubtful about its use on my wife's 1999
Toyota (it is the recommended Fram for the 190hp 6cyl)
so he cut one open and didn't find anything too
horrendous in there.  Care to comment, anonymous
friend?

--- Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com wrote:

> My 948 has a 1275 spin-on oil filter adapter (3/4-16
> thrd).
> Last year I used a German-made filter which is not
> readily
> available, and also a Fram filter that had an
> obsolete p/n.
> Both were short, no more than 3.75 in.long. Neither
> p/n can
> be cross-referenced to anything.
>
> If any Thickos have a similar stock set-up, can you
> share
> the p/n of your preferred oil filter? Thanks alot.
>
> Side.
> Bugeye #517
> Cedarburg, WI

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032