GRM/TT

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>,
Subject: GRM/TT
From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:24:02 -0600
Dear Mr. Flounder:

You have requested a paragraph regarding the reason why we find the Team
Thicko (here after TT) philosophy desirable.  First let me say that the
comments contained in this letter are mine alone and are not necessarily
the opinion of the Management of TT, any of the facilities where we
congregate, or any of the sanctioning bodies that allow us to
participate.  So if I should say anything here that offends anyone, just
get over it.

Now I am most likely the least qualified to render any opinion about the
TT family, but that has never stopped me before.  Prior to July, 1999 I
had never heard of Team Thicko.  Having competed in many racing venues
from the dirt tracks in Iowa, drag racing on both coasts and in the
midwest and most recently a very short stint in SCCA IT class and many
years as an SCCA official, I have never seen camaraderie displayed by
members of TT

While there may be, and is, good intentioned harassment, never have I
seen an attempt to withhold a helping hand or good advice to a fellow
competitor.  Yes the Saturday night animal sacrifices, northwood lager,
and jam sessions do much to add to the mystic of the TT phenomenon, but
it is the selflessness with which the TT members come to the aid of
other whenever and wherever necessary, and sometime even when the help
is not wanted.  Sometimes the members even find time to entertain the
spectators with various levels of driving ability.  I don't know yet if
there is any winning with this group, but there without debate is no
losing.

Most of the competitors and competitor-wanta-be's have some connection
with fine, yet less expensive, vintage British motorcars, no ill will is
shown for those who may drive vehicles made in Germany, Italy, or the
USA or even those without fenders.  All are welcomed equally.

Having sworn off racing as to political and no longer any fun, Team
Thicko has again raised the flame to once more compete (now only if they
would raise the money).

I've got to stop now, I'm getting all teary eyed.  Someone hand me a
tissue.

Ernie "The Wide Load"

PS:  If GRM wants to know about the TT mystic, maybe Suddard should
bring his blond Florida tanned behind to a TT gathering.  Just a
thought.  Will this affect my subscription?