Vintage racer: What car to buy?

To: jfcowan@pacbell.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Vintage racer: What car to buy?
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:39:26 -0600

On 1/24/00 John Cowan wrote:
>At this point sheer speed and power are not
>important. I want a car I can keep up with
>while I build skill and confidence.

Chapter 7: General Advice, Preparation, and Tactics

"Let me start off by saying that the best way of breaking into racing is to
begin right at the beginning - with something quite gentle and slow, like a
600 Fiat or perhaps an Austin Healey Sprite in standard tune...

"How long you will remain in the novice stage will depend on you; but if you
are a real beginner, kick off with the car in which you feel most at home... "

Piero Taruffi
"The Technique of Motor Racing"
1959