Tyre advice please

To: "Team Thicko List" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tyre advice please
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:11:20 -0700
For the forthcoming Healey International Commemorative Race at
Mt Panorama, the regulations stipulate that I have to use a different
wheel/tyre combination than I normally use. This is for my bugeye.
It will have a full race 1275-based motor for this event.

I generally use 5.5" or 7" rims with Dunlop D98J Formula R (175/60R13).

The regs stipulate 5" rims and tyres from a limited range. The range
does not include the Formula Rs, but does include Hoosier Street TD
and A008RS (not RSII).

Any feedback? I've used 205/60 Street TDs before, but I haven't tried
the 175/60 and I haven't tried the A008RS.

The track is a bit similar to Road America but with more elevation
change and a long series of tight and twisty corners (steady drop in
elevation) before the main downhill straight. The grip is good and the
road is reasonably smooth. It has a few high speed sweepers in
addition to the long downhill straight and a reasonably long straight
uphill climb.

It is not unheard of to have rain on the weekend in question.

Any feedback would be appreciated.