Torque Wrenches and Axle Housing

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Torque Wrenches and Axle Housing
From: Black Bart <blackbart@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:38:15 -0500
Ok my friends, I have a relatively simple question for the list.

We have all seen Team Thicko Flounder WST's gold plated torque wrench on the
thicko.com website, right?.  The famous one, given to him by Healey factory
engineer Roger Menadue.  Now, I realize that this torque wrench has tons of
history associated with it, but I must say, mine is not only much bigger,
much shinier, but also much cleaner.  (who wants to work with a dirty torque
wrench, after all)  I am working on the history part.

With that in mind, here is the question.  That big nut that holds the rear
hub onto the differential housing, the one that is left hand thread on one
side, and right hand thread on the other... what's the proper torque for
that thing?

Black Bart
Plover, WI