Mosport 98

To: "Team Thicko List" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mosport 98
From: "Jim D" <donato1@netusa1.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:11:07 -0000
To all Team Thicko members
I would first like to thank once again all of VARAC and their members for a
great weekend of racing and fun.

Well I won't do the Gary Speckman and give the weather when I left home,
talk about the drive out to Mosport, tell you about the beautiful country,
yaaddaa, yaaddaa,yaaddaa.

Here's the real ding dong deal. The bourder crossing is a cake walk. No
problem at all, in fact it was easy, I think the only reason the guy looked
in my tralior was because he was a car nut and potential Team Thicko
member.  From Logansport it took about 9 to 9-1/2 hours so not to bad.
Once we got to the track I knew it was going to be a good time when the
guys at registration said thanks for coming to our event if there is
anything you need or if you need help with your car or parts please just
ask. Then we pulled into the track and the big V Vaughn had the entire top
row of the padock roped off for Team Thicko. Great job V. Then Mike Rosen
VARAC board member, and all around good guy, was next to us offered to show
me around the track in his street vehicle, way cool.  After all I did'nt
even know how to get on the track.
Friday was a good day, got out on the track 4 times, VARAC had a great deal
of track time for all groups.  The track was in great shape and proved to
be a tricky to get the hang of. But after all that track time I got into
the grove. Friday night was a welcome party at the Olympia in down town
Lindsay. VARAC provided FREE FOOD and DRINKS it was a great deal of fun.
They also gave out some awards and the BIG ONE  went to Team Thicko's very
own Vaughn Rockney for the Hands Across The Border Award. Way ot go Big V,
Vaughn also won the bottle of wine special question award.  Other Team
Thicko winners was Roger Garnett of Ithica N.Y. and one of the Lotus guys
Lou Rohan.
Saturday was a great day the weather was good and the racing was even
better.
Again plenty of track time with some of the best and closest racing yet.  7
small bore cars were under 1.89 seconds apart and I was right in the
middle.  We were all grided and went out on the track. I was told on Friday
the the Canadians race hard and are very good drivers. I will say right
here right now that is a very trure statment.
The green flag droped and we hit the loud pedal, from that point on we were
2 and 3 abreast changing positions all the way around the track for the
entire race. I will say that once the other local drivers got comfortable
with me we had an absoult ball. It was some of the closest racing I had
been in for a long time. In the afternoon we entered the 1 hour Enduro,
which had 60 cars grided.  We ran a great race dicing with a great mix of
cars.  And at the end when checkerd flag dropped Team Thicko pulled off
another 1  2  finish. With TT Jack and Tony Drews taking 1 st in class and
myself taking  2 nd  in class.  Look for award picture to follow.  Saturday
night was another great VARAC party at the track with more FREE FOOD and
DRINKS.
    After the VARAC party TT had their own party at my trailor with the 20
-25 old and new TT members. A good time was had by all. look for group pic
to follow.
   This was really a great event and will be on my schedule for next year.
We have made some great new friends and hope to race with them again before
 Mosport next year.  I would again like to thank Mike Rosen for his
hospitality and mostly all of VARAC for a great event and a great time

Jim "ELMO M " Donato
PS Hey Gar how did I do, Oh master of disinformation ?