[Spridgets] No Fire -New Engine

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No Fire -New Engine
From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2024 18:17:30 -0600

--00000000000012703c061dcaf932

Hey folks,
I've gotten to the point of asking for thoughts on my new 948 engine.
The specifics of the new engine are as follows:
948 .020, crowned pistons, 12G202 head milled 0.185" (touted to be a Dave
Tabor head) Rimflow valves (1.25 I, 1.06 E), Vernier timing gear, SPVP3 cam
timed to 102.5 degrees ATDC, Jeff Schlemmer 25D distributor, APT lifters,
1.3:1 rockers ,ceramic coated piston crowns and combustion chambers.
I finally got it installed with the new Gerard Garage 5 Speed, and I have
spark, Ignition timing is set per Jeff Schlemmer, compression (when
cranking only) 125 psi in all cylinders, carbs are getting fuel.
I get no Bang, Pop, Fart,nothing from the engine when trying to start, even
with starting fluid (checking that it wasn't fuel delivery) or rotating the
dizzy, I tried swapping plug wires to prove it wasn't ignition 180 out or 1
& 4 wrong or 2 & 3 wrong.
I brought in a friend who's a pro mechanic and he's as stumped as I am. I'm
looking for any possibilities,
Just to be sure, this is not even close to my first engine build nor my
first 948 build. I know how to time cams and build engines, but this has me
stumped and I feel really dumb, so I'm leaning on you all for some thoughts
and support.
God, I wish Frank were still here, he'd have the answer in a flash.=F0=9F=
=A5=BA
TIA,
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--00000000000012703c061dcaf932

asking for thoughts on my new 948 engine.</div><div>The specifics of the ne=
w engine are as follows:</div><div>948 .020, crowned pistons, 12G202 head m=
illed 0.185&quot; (touted to be a Dave Tabor head) Rimflow valves (1.25 I, =
1.06 E), Vernier timing gear, SPVP3 cam timed to 102.5 degrees ATDC, Jeff S=
chlemmer 25D distributor, APT lifters, 1.3:1 rockers ,ceramic coated
 piston crowns and combustion chambers.</div><div>I finally got it installe=
d with the new Gerard Garage 5 Speed, and I have spark, Ignition timing is =
set per Jeff Schlemmer, compression (when cranking only) 125 psi in all cyl=
inders, carbs are getting fuel.</div><div>I get no Bang, Pop, Fart,nothing =
from the engine when trying to start, even with starting fluid (checking th=
at it wasn&#39;t fuel delivery) or rotating the dizzy, I tried swapping plu=
g wires to prove it wasn&#39;t ignition 180 out or 1 &amp; 4 wrong or 2 &am=
nd he&#39;s as stumped as I am. I&#39;m looking for any possibilities, <br>=
 nor my first 948 build. I know how to time cams and build engines, but thi=
s has me stumped and I feel really dumb, so I&#39;m leaning on you all for =
some thoughts and support.</div><div>God, I wish Frank were still here, he&=
div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail=

--00000000000012703c061dcaf932--

--===============7331210289391560315==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============7331210289391560315==--